Monday, September 19, 2005

Musty old claptrap

My Emmy Report:
  • I wanted more Ellen stand-up and less Ellen "gimmick."
  • The victory of Lost made it quite clear that every once in a while, the Emmy voters get it right. I believe this is one of the best shows in recent years, with intense storylines and clever writing.
  • Praise is also due to the the victory of Felicity Huffman, the only really good actress on the show. Don't get me wrong -- I am actually a huge Desperate Housewives fan, but all the talk of Teri Hatcher and Marcia Cross -- come on! Felicity beats them all.
  • Tonight's season premiere of Arrested Development made it quite clear that the Emmy voters are fools (Everybody Loves Raymond!?!?) Arrested Development is pure, unabashed genius.

In other news:
I am planning a new semi-recurring blog feature, which I am tentatively naming "K-12." I was thinking about how many of my memories are linked to grade, not age. For example, whenever I hear an old song, I know what grade I was in when it came out.

So I thought of this blog idea: I will come up with a list of my "favorite things" from each grade. For example, one list might be "K-12: Favorite Bands," and then I would chart the evolution of my musical tastes throughout my school days, with a brief blurb about each entry. I am aided by the fact that I have a very strange mind that remembers such details in my life.

So I already have plans for favorite bands, favorite teachers, and favorite movies. They take a while to write, so I don't know how often they will be published at first, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for my "K-12" project, let me know.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

Mr. W: Have you ever read Michael Chabon's Adventures of Kavalier and Clay? If so, what did you think of it?

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

No, sorry, Josh -- I have not read it, so I cannot offer any opinion. I have heard many great things about it, and I have been intrigued by it at the bookstore, but I have always passed on buying it, since my "to read" stack is very tall.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, yes it is. Season premiere tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home