Sunday, February 07, 2010

Tell me do you stand by your man?

Good lord, I suck at blogging. Well, last week was very busy with two days of auditions plus one day of callbacks for Les Mis, but we have a good cast now, and rehearsals start on Monday. I've never worked on a musical (except for student-directing The Wizard of Oz in high school), but I'm pretty excited about it. I like the people I'm working with, and the students have a lot of talent.

Some of my long-time readers may remember my job search when I was still in grad school three years ago. One of the "highlights" of that job search was the teacher job fair, a miserable experience wherein job candidates stand around waiting for short interviews with school district representatives. Well, I spent my Saturday at the job fair again, but this time I was on the other side of the table, interviewing those job candidates. And man, do I feel sorry for anyone searching for a job right now. No districts are hiring, many districts are laying people off, but we still go through the process. I actually talked to a lot of good applicants, but I had to tell everyone that we are not hiring. It was a long and painful day, but since my department chair selected me to attend, I did it with a smile.


New Hot Chip album out Tuesday!

"One Life Stand"
hotchip on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home