Monday, November 30, 2009

Two omens collide in my open hand

I had a wonderful long holiday weekend. Dinner at my mom's on Thanksgiving was delicious. This year my veggie option was my mom's delicious stuffing stuffed inside portobello mushrooms. My mom also made some delicious apple turnovers for dessert.

On Friday I spent the day with my dad and his wife*, my brother, and my nephews. We went to lunch, to the Chicago History Museum, and to dinner. (*Sorry Debbie!)

Saturday was another "Britpop" night at a bar called Darkroom. Once a month, this bar does this event that was custom made for me: 80s and 90s alternative Britpop. So I heard a lot of New Order, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Blur, The Charlatans, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Lightning Seeds, The Stone Roses, etc. I danced a lot, sang a lot, and had a lot of fun with friends.

On Sunday I bought a bunch of Christmas decorations because I have decided to get a Christmas tree this year. I have never had my own tree in my long adult life, and it is time. Now I have a big enough apartment that I have space for it, so I will do that this week. Pictures to come . . .

Elsewhere . . .
I may liveblog Obama's address tomorrow. I am very nervous about this war escalation, and I want to trust my president, and I hope he can convince me. I'm a little worried about the political ramifications as well. We'll see.

And finally, here is a crazy and fun new video:

"This Must Be It" Röyksopp


5 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Your Mom posited...

As always, it was wonderful!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Your Mom again posited...

Folks often wonder how you can do a Thanksgiving dinner for a vegan. It is SO doable! John has been a vegan since his sophomore year in high school, so this mom has plenty, plenty experience!
It's all about the mushrooms.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

is this royksopp tune feat. the knife?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger debbie posited...

"On Friday I spent the day with my dad, brother, and nephews"...Hey John - what am I, chopped liver? Just asking ...Debbie

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Sorry Debbie! I had a small stroke for a moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home