Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pagan Tribes and Handmaids of the Lord

Last year I visited a cemetery and got some excellent pictures, and today I went to another one. St. Boniface Cemetery is four blocks from my place, and on this very beautiful November day, I thought I'd check it out. It is a Catholic cemetery, with mostly German immigrants.


And just who is Saint Boniface, you might ask:


This cemetery has quite a few nuns buried here:




And a row of priests as well:


There is some sort of Civil War monument that is very nice:


. . . and a monument that looks like a stone tree trunk:


And just some all-around pretty monuments:




And I discovered that St. Boniface Cemetery is the place for geese to hang out. I saw hundreds of geese walking around, taking off and landing, and basically claiming this land as theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home