Monday, November 23, 2009

The shyness that is criminally vulgar

Students often say a lot of silly things. But today . . . today was an unacceptable example.

My freshmen were working on some writing pieces, and as usual, I had some background music going. Now I realize that not everyone has the same musical tastes, and that is fine. But as a general rule, students tend to like the music I play, even if it is unfamiliar to them.

Today the classic Smiths song "How Soon Is Now?" came up in the shuffle, and a few students indicated that they had heard it, a few others said they liked it -- the usual. And then there was Peter. Peter the classic rock freshman.

"Mr. W, please change the song. This song sucks."

"Peter, when you have written next classic alternative music anthem, I'll let you pick the song."




1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Boom, roasted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home