Thursday, November 19, 2009

Don't trip off the glitz that I'm gonna display

A few tidbits:

1) Grad class last night was a nightmare. My professor read to us from a book, then said we needed to hurry through the material because we were pressed for time, and then talked for 25 minutes about a job he had once where the school was experimenting with the "flex mod" fad. He described in detail all of the 15 or so class periods during the day. I'm fuzzy on the details because I was busy doodling an artistic rendering of the words "Holy Fucking Shit" on my notebook. He then said, "Here is an interesting part of the reading that I think would be good for discussion." At which point he went on talking, never letting anyone else in the class talk. Two more classes with this guy . . .

2) Many of my students are excited to be going to the midnight showing of The Twilight Saga: New Moon tonight. A group in the school had a contest to win passes to the special advanced 9:30 PM showing of the movie tonight. To win students had to bring in food for the canned food drive, and the student who brought in the most food would win. So I'm glad some good came of this, but one of my students won the passes after she brought in 400 cans of food. I said, "You spent about $400 to go to a movie tonight." She said, "It's for a good cause." Altruism runs rampant.

3) I am not embarrassed to admit that I really like American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert's new single "For Your Entertainment." This is fun.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I just feel so ancient for having Harry Potter be 'my' huge series of books to read. I think the first one came out when I was in 5th grade, and I started reading them in 6th.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger matt posited...

Only two more classes? I enjoying hearing about your professor's "teachings."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home