Sunday, September 06, 2009

I scratched your records, dear

Once again, I have neglected my blog. The first two weeks of school have been very tiring. I'm not used to getting up at 5:00 AM yet (as though one could ever be used to such a thing). Anyway, the school year is off to a good start. So far I like my students a lot, and I'm also really feeling at home at the school and with the faculty. I have a great job, so if I have to wake up at 5:00 for it, then I can do that.

Grad school is also off to a good start. My first class is about the ethical and historical foundations of education, which sounds incredibly boring, but my class has some great discussions. I really like the professor as well. I will be with this same group of students (all of whom are current teachers) for two years, so I'm glad I have a good feeling so far. I just wish that the professor would be with us that whole time, but instead we switch professors when we start a new course, every eight weeks. I'm sure not all classes will be as good as this first one, but I will just keep the big future paycheck boost in my mind.

So, as I get back into the swing of work and back on my regular schedule, I'll be updating my blog more frequently. I really do appreciate those of you who have stuck with my blog, even as it has waned of late.


Flashback time.

For a short time in 1996, I was obsessed with an awesome electronic group called Sunscreem. One of their songs popped into my head today, so I watched a bunch of their videos. I cannot believe this was 13 years ago, but when I first lived in Chicago, I always requested "Looking at You" when I went out to the clubs. Anyway, I still love the techno-pop fun of these three little gems:

"Looking at You"



"When"


"Exodus"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home