Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Root, root, root

Tonight I'm going to a Cubs game--surprisingly and alarmingly my first game of the season. I did not go all summer, mostly because the summer tickets sold out immediately, back when people thought the Cubs might be good again this year. Even though I know the Cubs do not have a shot at any titles this year, I still love going to Wrigley Field, especially to the bleachers. So look for me on TV, sitting in the left field bleachers, catching all of the Cubs home runs (or something). It is a beautiful day today, though it will be a touch cool this evening. But an awesome night for baseball.

And I must say that the Cubs do have a very high winning percentage when I am in attendance. Not that I am the cause, but still odds are good.

4 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger matt posited...

just don't pull a bartman

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

if only your cubs had traded rich harden to the twins.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Totally unrelated...

---

Dub, I just have to say that back in 10th grade, if you made me sit through an hour of Obama telling me I can put his slogans onto posters, well, I would've walked out. Two left turns and out the door.

But that would be true of any class, so it's not just your's.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Parker, you know that my political proselytizing came in small, manageable, 5 minute bursts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home