Monday, August 24, 2009

I change shapes just to hide in this place

Today was the official first day of school--the first day of my second decade of teaching. Year 11.

I'm old.

Well, I may be old, but I love my job. This is what I want to do for the rest of my working years. So while I may have a hard time grasping that I have been doing it for more than a decade, I also know I've only just begun. It's a good feeling.

And with that in mind, I have decided to further my education a bit more, so on Wednesday I will start a part-time master's program in Education. I will be going to class one night a week for the next two years, and in the end I will have a second master's degree. I hope to gain some good knowledge, and I will (very importantly) make a big leap on the pay scale. Though education classes are typically quite dull, I actually have a good feeling about some of the classes I'll be taking, and I will also be in class with several colleagues from work, which will be nice.



Elsewhere . . .

I love this song:

"Animal" by Miike Snow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home