Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gloss on my lips, a man on my hips

As I have mentioned  a few times before, every once in a while I just can't help loving some super-poppy pop song, though this is not my genre of choice.  Right now, quite a few pop/Top 40 songs have caught my ear, including of course "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West and (God help me) "Womanizer" by Britney Spears. (I'm not scared.)

But the pop song of all pop songs right now is "Single Ladies" by Beyoncé.  This song is supreme--pop music raised to a new level of sass and fun.  The lyrics, while silly, are actually quite awesome: "If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it"!!! -- are you kidding me with this awesomeness?  But the beat, which in the chorus is pretty much a pop-ized version of drum-n-bass, captivates me.  Add in the squeaking synth in the background and Beyoncé's great voice and this song has the makings of greatness.

And don't even get me started on the stellar video.  This video shines bright in its simplicity and accentuates all that I love about the song.

(You may justifiably think this post is meant to be ironic, but trust me, I do in fact love this song.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home