Sunday, December 07, 2008

Fine trash

Here I offer Part Two of my thoughts about the current seasons of some of my favorite television shows.  (Part One here.)

ER -- I will have more to say about ER in the spring as it comes to a close after 15 years, but for now I will say that I think this season is quite strong.  In fact the last few season have seen the show on an upswing.  This season has featured some heartbreaking story lines and deaths and departures of major characters.  And though the show is overdramatic as always, I really enjoy watching it.

Grey's Anatomy -- After the writers' strike last year, Grey's really seemed to find its momentum again, and the beginning of this season looked good too . . . until they brought in the ghost.  Yes, Izzy is having sex with a ghost, and it is the worst thing since Marlena was possessed by the devil on Days of Our Lives.  This must stop immediately.

Why is Izzy talking to a dead man?

Desperate Housewives -- This is a guilty pleasure of mine, and the bold and potentially gimmicky move of flashing forward five years at the end of last season has made this one the best season ever.  I like all of the current stories, and each week this quirky soap opera gets more and more interesting.  This show is not for everyone, and I know it is trashy, but it is well done trash and I like it.  So shut up.

. . . and 6 weeks until Lost returns!

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

3 cheers for well done trash!

As opposed to medium-rare trash of course.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

I can't wait for Lost! I just watched all the seasons again to refresh. Fantastic.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Pammy posited...

Mr. W,

I saw "Let the Right One In" last week and it was great and probably way way way better than Twilight even though i didn't see that. So you should go see it. The End.

Pammy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home