Tuesday, November 11, 2008

. . . Everyone and television.

Here I offer thoughts on the current seasons of some of my favorite (or former favorite) television shows.  (Part One of a series.)

30 Rock -- Off to a fantastic start.  This comedy masterpiece has hit a brilliant stride, and the combination of Liz, Jack, and Kenneth makes for one of the greatest half hours on television.  I hope that Tina Fey's new found  popularity as Sarah Palin will continue to bring new viewers.

The Office -- Another great season is under way.  Though I am sorry to see Holly go because she was a good match for Michael, I understand that we cannot have Michael too happy.  So far the writers have managed to keep the Jim/Pam relationship strong without ruining the show, a fate that befalls too many shows after the love interests get together.  And I love Phyllis more and more each week. 

Boston Legal -- This hilarious and brilliantly acted (and overacted) show is going out with a bang.  In its final season, the legal team has gone super political, insanely absurd, and humorously self-referential.  And the duo of Denny Crane and Alan Shore is the best relationship on television.

House -- I'm bored with this show.  No longer is House a must-see drama.  Instead, I have it on in the background, and barely pay attention.  Soon, I will not even bother.  Like right now, in fact--I am blogging, and House is on mute.

Stay tuned for Part Two.

7 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

"I'm familiar with the 10 commandments Kenneth."

"10??"

I just wonder if Kenneth thought that number was high or low. It's a tough call.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

I must say, I enjoyed Holly at first. But, after a while, I just couldn't deal with two Michaels. I thought I was going to have a brain aneurysm at one point.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger scott w posited...

Tina Fey's character in 30rock wants a baby, and she also starred in a film with Amy Poelher about wanting a baby. Does this have anything to do with her personal life? Either way, 30rock is the best show on TV. I can't get enough of Jack.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I am enjoying the resurgence of the Dwight/Jim dualism. Episodes that center around those two are my favorite. I can only handle so much Holly/Michael ghetto rap.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I don't like the new team on House at all. I knew it was bad news last season when they first started it, but they play almost no roll whatsoever on an episode to episode basis. Sure, sometimes an episode will focus on one of them, but mostly they are just there.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jake posited...

I watched Boston Legal nine times before I realized it wasn't a new Star Trek.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Double In-Dem-Ni-Tee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home