Thursday, August 07, 2008

Past the M25

My friends John and Tiff came up from Purdue for the Cubs game yesterday. We had awesome seats in the left field bleachers. The weather was pretty hot, and I got a bit o' burn, but the great times and the great game made it all worth it!

The Astros took an early lead, so going into the bottom of the 3rd, the Cubs were down 4-1. But then Mark DeRosa hit a grand slam and Alfonso Soriano had a 3-run homer for an 8-run third inning. The crowd went crazy!  The Cubs ended up winning 11-4.  The beer was flowing freely, the clouds provided some much needed protection, the baseball was excellent, but more importantly, I had a wonderful time with my friends. It was a near perfect day.








Song of the Day: "Parc" by Underworld

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

That does sound like a great day. Although there is an excellent chance I will be nowhere near Minneapolis when it happens, I would love to watch an outdoor baseball game in the new stadium.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

Go Cubs!! Someday, you and I have to go to a game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home