Thursday, June 19, 2008

Omina doke doe ominea

Time for some obscure drum-centric 80's songs.

Here is a quite unknown ditty from Australian band Big Pig, who were notable for having no guitarists and 6 drummers. The drums kick in heavy about 1:10 in. Oh, and they all wear blacksmith aprons. And this was the opening song in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.


"Breakaway" by Big Pig



And here is a classic . . . For a few months when I was a sophomore in high school, this was my absolute favorite song. "We are, we are, we are but your children." It still makes me very happy every time I hear it. The drums are huge. And you know how sometimes a few seconds of a song can just sound so right to you? I feel that way about 2:37 in when the lead singer is singing "We are, we are, we are" and then the background singer sings, "Whisper to a scream." There is something about that little part that I love and will always love.

"Birds Fly (Whisper to a Scream)" by Icicle Works

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Jake posited...

Thank you for combining my favorite thing (drumming) with my second-favorite thing (the 80s).

Another candidate: "In a Big Country" by Big Country.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Unknown posited...

What does omina doki doe ominea mean? Does anyone know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home