Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Character content, etc.

I am about to head out the door to go down to Millennium Park for the Death Cab for Cutie concert. I will obviously have a full report.

But before I head out, I thought I would say a little bit about the fact that as I speak, Barack Obama is 12 delegates away from clinching the nomination. I have obviously made no secret of my admiration -- nay, love -- for Obama, so I am very happy about this, and I am excited about the fall race. I am also so glad that the primary season is finally over.

And I also know this is probably very cliché, but in all the fever leading up to the nomination, I almost forgot to take a minute to think about the historic fact that a black person has actually accomplished this in the United States. Or that a woman got as far as Clinton did. Historic gets thrown around too much, but today it fits. Let's see where it goes.

Off to the show . . .

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

DeathC... been there, done that.

Obama's speech was pretty mind-melting. Woah. Then it ended with The Boss.
I am going to wear my Obama tshirt for the next 5 months. Straight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home