Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yes, that line forms on the right, babe

My school offers "professional development" courses during the summer and the school year to give teachers an opportunity to earn credits in order to move up on the salary scale. So I decided I might as well take a couple of these courses, since they are free and will not really take too much work. One that I am taking is all about young adult literature, which I thought would be good for the "reading workshop" aspect of my classes. We have to meet three times this summer, and then participate in some online discussions. But mostly I will be reading some of the best young adult literature of recent years. Though these are not necesssarily the books I would choose to read, I am actually pretty excited about it. The list looks pretty interesting.


But the really great news is that if FedEx comes through for me, this should arrive tomorrow:


So if all goes according to plan, this may be my last post from my 1922 Compaq Terry Schiavo Edition. Oops, was that tasteless?

I will be making the big switch from PC. And I could not be more happy about it.

4 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

What's on the reading list? Also, congratulations on the Mac, though I tend to throw my support behind PC.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

That is a nice looking piece of plastic. I too would be interested if you could post the list.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

I'll third the request for the list.

As for tasteless, I've found myself biting my tongue numerous times during my internship here in Austria to avoid making references to "being locked in a cellar."

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Well, as I said, the list is "young adult" lit., so most of the books are meant for 15 year olds.

But here's what we are reading:
Raiders Night by Robert Lipsyte
The Girls by Lori Lansens
I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
What Happened to Cass McBride by Gail Giles
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.

So far, I have started Raiders Night and it seems pretty good so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home