Wednesday, June 11, 2008

La la la la la la la

Oh praise the Lord.  The new computer has arrived, and this is my first blog post from my iMac.  The old computer had its feeding tube removed (though it could follow a balloon!).  

I love this magnificent hunk of plastic and metal.  I love its speed and power.  I love being able to have multiple programs open at once.  Woohoo!




In other news, I cannot get enough of the new Sigur Rós song, "Gobbledigook." I love its cheery, upbeat banging and lalalala-ing.  It is a real change of pace for the band, but it is fantastic.  And I also really think the video is a wonder to behold, and not just because it is full of naked people.  (Yes, full of naked people.) I just think that the joy and the abandon of the revelers in the video really add to the song.  So please watch (follow the link and click on the Quicktime logo under the picture) but not if you are at work. 

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

I'm worried I've pigeon-holed Sigur Ros. I just can't enjoy them as much when they're making pop music like "Gobbledigook" as I can when they're crafting 8- and 9-minute epics as they did on their last three albums.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

It is not appropriate that you removed the feeding tube from that old computer. What right do you have to circumvent God's will? I saw a video of your computer, and I can say without a doubt, it was not in a persistent vegatative state.

Regards,

Bill

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Sorry, Bill. I forgot about your diagnosis-by-video skills. I should have listened.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Erik, I too was hesitant at first, since I love the Sigur Ros of old as well. But then I just listened to the song and realized that I would love it if were by anyone else, so I opened my heart to the joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home