Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sleep tight, ya morons!

Though I am swamped with work (essays to grade, etc.), I am really loving my job right now. I saved all the best stuff in the curricula of my various classes for the end so I could finish the year on a high note.

So right now I am teaching the following:
  • The Catcher in the Rye
  • Maus
  • The films of the Coen Brothers, culminating in No Country for Old Men, about which my senior film students will write their final exams. (I love having freedom to teach.)

6 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Tom posited...

holy crap that sounds like a great class. i'm like halfway through maus right now. i don't own it, but there is a copy at the museum library. we also have a few original art spiegelman drawings.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger PinkPrune posited...

Oh nicely. I still need to read Catcher in the Rye but I really enjoyed Salinger's Franny and Zooey.



Why isn't it possible to edit comments? sigh.
By the way, my verification word was: naciszm. That cracked me up a little.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Well, Tom, that is actually what I am teaching in each of my three different courses. But yeah, that would be a sweet class.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

oh i get it

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Jason posited...

I was never taught Catcher in the Rye in high school. I don't know how I managed to get my diploma without it.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

maus is pretty sad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home