Saturday, May 03, 2008

Mean mean stride

Just for old time's sake:

And I met a guy named Tom Sawner. Now, he's an old fighter pilot, which means, umm, there's no wall he can run through, you know, he's a, he's a, you know, he's a he's a doer, an achiever, and he's got him a small business called Educational Options.
-- G.W.B., April 18, 2008

Most thankful for the brilliance of the British helicopter crews that fired under courage and helped evacuate wounded Iraqi soldiers.
-- G.W.B., April 17, 2008

And so, so long as I'm the President, my measure of success is victory and success.
-- G.W.B., April 17, 2008

We've had seven years working together, a chance to have some pretty candid exchanges. And secondly and this is his [Russian President Putin's] last this will be our last face-to-face meeting as a presidency, and I'll thank him.
-- G.W.B., April 2, 2008

9 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Well, with his new secretary of crisis and weather management, President Bush should be set.

I have always considered success to be a great measure of success. Victory too. Thumbs up.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

love the Rush reference. that's really my kind of reference.

meenu meenu meenuu
meenumeenume
meenu meenu meenuu
menumenume

BUM BUM BUBAAAAAAAAAH
BU BU BAH
BUM BUM BU BAAAAAAAAH
BU BU BAH

and so on

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

It pained me, Tom, as I hate Rush with all the passion burning inside me (no offense), but sincee the guy in Bush's quote is named Tom Sawner, it reminded me of Tom Sawyer, of course.
But you knew that.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger PBear posited...

"We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls."

Seriously, how can you not like Rush?

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Tom posited...

some people, my mother included, just can't stand-nay- can't HANDLE Geddy Lee's alto discharge. I just respect the fact that he can bust out killer bass lines while singing some straight poetry about the future, and then go right into a KEYBOARD SOLO. come on. give the man his propers. Don't even get me started on Neil Peart. Alex Lifeson is a different story. Pretty sure he's probably a huge asshole. He does shred though. Anyway, greatest 3-piece prog-rock band of all time? certainly. most aesthetically pleasing music? well, who's to judge?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger PBear posited...

What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger PBear posited...

Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
We have assumed control!
We have assumed control!
We have assumed control!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Josh posited...

comments inspired me to start my day with the 2112 suite.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

god i was so confused there until I googled "Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation."

josh upload some rush to listen to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home