Tuesday, May 06, 2008

On the edge

I am extraordinarily nervous about the elections tonight. Of course I want this whole thing to be over, but I know it won't be anytime soon.

I hope that Obama can keep the Hillary's lead down in Indiana, but who knows. I grew up in Indiana, and I know that things may be unpredictable (in either direction).

In North Carolina, I know that Hillary has cut into Obama's lead, but I really, really, really have to believe that her stupid "gas tax holiday" plan is not something people buy into. First of all, it will not help at all. But second, it will never pass, and she is more or less saying "If I am president, I will give you a tax break this summer, before I am president." Huh? How does that make sense?

I will probably re-post a bit tonight. As of now, the polls just closed in Hoosierville, but things are too close. Let's hope they stay that way.

And Barack's speech in Indianapolis the other night got me back to the goosebump-inducing feeling I had for him when he started.




Addendum, 9:21 pm
Well, things have gone a bit better than expected. Obama has a big lead in North Carolina, and he seems to be closing the gap in Indiana. Right now it is 52-48 for Clinton, but the second biggest county in the state--and a big Obama-supporting county--has yet to report any numbers. So this could be a two-point race, which is a great gap-trimming.

I do not think I will be able to stay up until they call it, since CNN just said that might not be until after midnight.

But I am happy tonight . . . but I dread the weeks to come when Hillary will attempt to steal the nomination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home