Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Context

Over at The Huffington Post, David Coleman wrote a fascinating article called "I Was There: What Obama Really Said About Pennsylvania."

Here's a brief excerpt:
Last Sunday evening I attended the San Francisco fundraiser that has been the center of recent political jousting. The next day, when asked about the talk Obama delivered, I too commented about his answer to a question he was asked about Pennsylvania. Over the past week, though, I have had a Rashomon-like experience concerning those remarks.

Please read the rest of the article. I think that Coleman says a great deal about our obsession with snippets and out-of-contextness.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

yes. snippets and out-of-contextness... now that you mention it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home