Monday, March 03, 2008

Golden words he will pour in your ear

I have this student who seems to be obsessed with luxury items. Whenever we go to the library to work on writing, he gets distracted by looking up pictures of luxurious and expensive things. And much of the time I can appreciate his love for such items. Much of the time.

Example 1 (two weeks ago):


Me: Joey, get back to work.
Joey: But look how sweet this Lamborghini is. I would love to have that car.
Me: Yeah, it is cool. But get back to work.


Example 2 (last week):


Me: Joey, what does the Burj al Arab Hotel have to do with your writing piece?
Joey: Mr. W, look how sweet this hotel is. It is, like, a 7-star hotel. I want to go to Dubai.
Me: That is a sweet hotel. I would love to stay there too. Now get back to work.


But today, his penchant for things luxurious took a strange turn.

Example 3 (today):


Me: Joey, are you looking at pictures of gold? Why would you look at pictures of gold?
Joey: Because it is sweet.
Me: Umm . . . Joey, that's weird. Get back to work.

10 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

haha. wow. that is amazing and a little frightening.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

ummm. . . awkward.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

The gold is definitely awkward. Of course, I'd probably be staring at golf clubs, so who am I to criticize.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

That is a really, really cool-looking hotel though. Guy's got good taste.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I'm pretty sure that hotel has tennis courts up in the air. They are those circular looking things off on the side I believe.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Back in 9th grade Mrs. Kuschel caught me watching Trogdor when we were supposed to be writing something.
Needless to say, I spent the rest of the hour sitting in the library.

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

don't you mean wentzel???

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

"Joey, are you looking at pictures of gold? Why would you look at pictures of gold?"

hey coach do your current students know about your blog.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

this is probably the best thing i have ever read on a blog

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

No, Max, I don't think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home