Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You paid me a nickel to bust up your chifforobe

Now that the new television season is well under way, I thought I would share some thoughts. I have not jumped on too many new shows, in part because I do not think there are that many that look good, and in part because I already watch a lot of shows.

So today, I want to talk about some returning shows.

The Office is as good as ever. I have heard some criticism floating around that it is in a lull, but I disagree entirely. Last week's episode is a perfect example: all I have to do is think "Break me off a piece of that . . ." and I immediately start laughing to myself. Football cream? Chrysler car? Grey Poupon? Fancy Feast? Genius.

30 Rock also shows no signs of slowing down, and last week's performance by Alec Baldwin was the epitome of offensive brilliance You just don't hear the word honky enough anymore. Please watch this clip.



Grey's Anatomy
needs some help. Izzy and George do not work. Callie was my favorite, and now I don't like her. I only like Bailey. ABC: fix this now.

House is just not the same. I am tired of the job interview storyline, and I will be very mad if House goes soft, as he has threatened to do a couple of times already. This needs to get back on track.

Scrubs is off to a pretty good start, as is ER. ER is one of those reliable shows for me, and it continues in the same vein. Boston Legal has also been quite good this season--better than last season, I would say.


All in all, I would say the pros outweigh the cons, but the cons really need some overhauling.


Coming soon: The new shows . . .

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

"...break me off a piece of that.... apple sauce."

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Dub-
Have you watched The Sarah Silverman Program at all? I can't get enough of it. Right there with The Office and 30 Rock for the funniest show on television, or at least I think so.

And I am starting to get exciting because Project Runway is only two weeks away. Can't wait!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

NOVEMBER 14TH> I'm so excited for project runway, it's ridiculous.

I just spelled bziiip on the word verification. 3 'i's??? c'mon now.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger matt posited...

you wait w...house is going to be fantastic once again.

i actually like the way the job interviewing has been going, but i agree that it really needs to get wrapped up soon. my biggest concern has to deal with the medical storylines. i mean, how much further do you think they can go before they run out of insane ridiculous medical problems? i predict the in the coming weeks, someone is going to come into the hospital with metal bones, like wolverine.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Hillstorm posited...

I miss the old gang in house, and I really hate the bitchy girl. She is just too good at being bitchy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home