Monday, October 08, 2007

Hello, corn. Nice to see you again.

I had a fairly eventful weekend, starting with a Friday bomb threat at school. Early last week, some threatening graffiti was found on the bathroom stalls around school. Apparently, on Friday, October 5th, everybody was going to die! (Or so said the graffiti.) Of course we all more or less knew this was just a threat, but schools have to take such things seriously. So on Thursday, the administration informed the students and parents. Police, marshals, etc. were brought in, the school was searched, things seemed fine. But many parents decided to keep their kids home from school on Friday (and many more students just wanted to extended the already extended weekend (no school today--Columbus Day). So less than half the student body was at school, and Friday was a big waste of a day.

But because it was a three-day weekend, I decided it was a good time to head to DeKalb to see my grad school friends. I had not seen them since I moved, after all. So, I left town Friday evening, and had a fantastic time with my friends in DeKalb. We went out dancing on Friday night, which was a hoot. Then on Saturday evening, I watched the Cubs game*, crying in my beer. But after that debacle, my friends and I had a great night of darts and fun.

Now today I have done just about nothing, thanks to a disease-ridden Italian man most famous for getting lost. Happy Columbus Day!


* OK, so I know that being a Cubs fan is supposed to be painful, but a sweep?!? Seriously? Seriously!?!

3 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I sympathize. It was beyond frustrating to watch the Twins storm into the playoffs last year just to get swept.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Hey guys, the Yankees are out. Silver lining, you know?

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Oh boy Rockies-Indians WS.

TALK ABOUT A SILVER LINING YOU KNOW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home