Monday, June 25, 2007

"I would like a place I could call my own . . ."

The great apartment search of '07 begins . . . I went in to the city on Friday to begin looking at apartments and get a feel for the price ranges. Since I have not lived in Chicago for 9 years, I was not sure what I could get for X amount of money. But my jaunt on Friday helped me figure that out, so I came home and spent the weekend searching for apartments in my price range and my neighborhood of choice (Wicker Park/Bucktown).

Some things I am looking for in an apartment:
  • a nice kitchen
  • air conditioning
  • laundry in the building (I will never go to a laundromat again)
  • close to the Metra, which is the suburban train system, and the method I will use to get to work
  • and close to fun stuff
I have a pretty good list of possibilities so far, and I have set up many appointments to look at places tomorrow. So maybe I will have exciting domicile news in the next few days.

In addition to a full day of apartment hunting tomorrow, I am also going to a Cubs game, which I am very excited about. I used to go all the time, but I have not been to a game since I last lived in Chicago all those years ago. Plus the Cubs are on a roll, so we'll see what happens.

6 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

What will happen is the Cubs will break your heart.


I will soon be a northside Chicago resident as well, so I suppose I'll have to follow the cubs to a certain extent, though I highly doubt they'll surpass the twins.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

me and sam went apartment hunting today

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Well, Max, you won't really be a Chicago resident.

And I have been a Cubs fan for my whole life, so trust me: i know they will break my heart.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Josh, was it a successful apartment hunt?

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Man josh, when I first read your comment I didn't see the word "apartment."


I was rather suprised.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

i hope so, we got the apartment, we need to send in the lease and stuff in a timely manner.

its on como avenue in southeast minneapolis, lots better than my previous dump, 2br for $825 a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home