Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Guilty.

OK, so I have never admitted this on my blog before . . . but I do watch American Idol. (I guess this could be filed under guilty pleasures.) I like the terrible performances at the beginning of the season, and then I skip several weeks until about the Final 8. All that middle elimination stuff doesn't interest me.

This year, I have much more diligent about watching in the last several weeks. I have been very impressed with some of the singing, and I have agreed with almost every cast-off. And I have been hoping that this season the show will redeem itself for the crapfest that is Taylor Hicks.

I like all three singers in the Top 3 -- I do not like all of the music they sing, mind you, but they all have talent. Melinda and Jordin have amazing voices, but my vote is for Blake. His voice is not as great as the other two, but he does something different each time.

So in case you thought that my love for pop culture was not all-encompassing enough, now you know better.

9 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

I tend to watch the last few minutes where they show clips of the performances, mostly because American Idol is a bloated and selfish show that cuts into the 8 o'clock hour that should be all-House-all-the-time! Judging from those minutes, my vote is for Jordin. She seems to have the least annoying personality and a pretty great voice.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

mr w. have you gave the new lcd EP a listen

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

upon further investigation, it appears to be a single.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

I know deep down Taylor Hicks makes you proud, JW.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Pammy posited...

have you given

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Pammy posited...

sorry i couldn't help myself

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Josh, yes I have gave(?) it a listen. As you know, "All My Friends" is my favorite song on the album.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

And Erik, if "proud" means "vomit" then yes he does.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Man I've never vomited deep down before.


Sounds like it hurts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home