Sunday, May 06, 2007

"I love it when a plan comes together."

This is a post about the fleeting nature of disappointment . . .

In my previous rage-filled story about my job search, I told the story about School A and School B, and in that story, School B really messed me up, and School A was very nice about rejecting me. One thing they said was "You are a very strong candidate, and if another position should open up, we would contact you."
Well, I assumed that this meant, like, next year.

Apparently they meant later in the week.

I got a job!

In the coming weeks, I will share more about the school, the location, etc. (Not that I am superstitious, but I do not want to jinx anything before I sign a contract, which they will send me next week after the school board meeting.) But for now, I will say that it is in a very nice suburb, and it is considered one of the best high schools in the state. It was one of my top-pick schools.

So my master plan of living in the city and teaching in the suburbs is coming true, and I am completely overwhelmed with excitement.

Thank you to everyone who sent good vibes my way. It has been a rollercoaster couple of weeks -- I was feeling completely shattered and depressed last week. Now I am thrilled. And relieved. And happy.

13 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Benson posited...

Great, now we're going to have to retire your jersey in the bay. :)

Congrats, buddy!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jason posited...

Ha, I was wondering why that post had been deleted... congratulations!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

That's awesome Dub, I'm glad it worked out in the end.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger sherlock posited...

Congratulations! That's phenomenal, and almost as much as you deserve after the work you've put in. They're lucky to have you.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

awesome dude

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Most excellent.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Tom posited...

im happy for you. and the students. i hope theyre not trouble makers like i was. then again, shenanigans can be refreshing sometimes.... right?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

wooo! i'm so happy for you! well done, good work, i knew everything would work out. where in the city are you going to live?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your support.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Tom, it is true that shenanigans (along with silliness, inanity, tomfoolery, poppycock, fiddle-faddle, and flapdoodle) can add variety to an otherwise monotonous day.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

And Maya, probably Wicker Park. You know me: trendy hipster.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

hey, if the deliberately distressed shoe fits...

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Pammy posited...

congratulations! :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home