Sunday, March 04, 2007

Relaxed.

OK. Breathing room.

Last week was very stressful, with almost every free minute dedicated to studying for my master's exam, which I took yesterday. Fortunately all of the studying paid off I think, since I did not really have any trouble with my essays. It was a four-hour, three question essay test covering film and literary theory and pedagogy, and I think I did well. I will find out in a few weeks, but it is a huge relief to be finished with that.

I also had my first job interview on Friday, and I think it went very well as well. I was relaxed, I made the committee laugh a few times, and I got to talk about why I like teaching. I have a good feeling about it. Plus I got another call today from another district for an interview, so I guess I should feel good about that.

This week: Interview Monday, interview Wednesday, interview Thursday.

Then on Friday, I am going to see Scissor Sisters.

Then the following week is spring break, so I am looking forward to a week off from classes.



In other news . . .
I saw Zodiac today, and I thought it was very good. David Fincher is a superior director, and the whole cast was good, but the story was the best part. It is not really a movie about the serial killer, but rather a portrayal of obsession -- Robert Graysmith's obsession with solving the crime. The movie is long, but it never felt long. The intriguing story unfold with high tension and some creepy moments. I highly recommend it.

7 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I wish you could come to the College of Saint Scholastica in Duluth to breath some life into a lethargic english department, which is dominated by 90 year old nuns...on second thought stay out of Duluth at all costs. This city perhaps is the worst city in Minnesota, no joke, and I have driven through Fort Ripley which is probably right behind in second place.

Do you have any extragant spring break plans? or will you week be spent recovering for the remainder of the semester?

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I always had fun visiting Duluth . . . many fun nights at Grandma's. Sure, it's no Fort Ripley, but what is?

As for my spring break, since I am in college again, I suppose I should go to Cancun, but instead it will be Wild On DeKalb.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Angela posited...

After seeing that movie, I'm hoping that I'll be so exhausted from doing schoolwork that I won't be afraid to fall asleep tonight. It was pretty good though :)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

speaking of movies involving serial killers with astrological nick-names, i just saw "Dirty Harry" for the fist time a couple of days ago. I won't say that I was disappointed, but it was just pretty good. I'm a big Clint fan. Any thoughts on it?

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, it is a movie that does not age well. The film actually makes an appearance in Zodiac, since it was released while the zodiac killings were still happening.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Actually, Dirty Harry was inspired by and somewhat based on the Zodiac murders according to IMDB.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yep. That's why it is in the movie Zodiac.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home