Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More Chardonnay?

For today, a quotation:
REPORTER: Is the tide turning in Iraq?
DUBYA: I think -- tide turning -- see, as I remember -- I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of -- it's easy to see a tide turn -- did I say those words?
-- G.W.B., Jun. 14, 2006
(And just to clarify: When he says "Did I say those words?" Bush is not saying "Wow, did those words really just come out of my mouth?" but instead "Did I ever say that the 'tide is turning in Iraq'?")


And also for today, a comic. (I have a feeling it may contain sarcasm and/or satire, but I'm not sure.)

Click for a larger image

5 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Carson posited...

I don't remember inviting Tom Tomorrow to my last dinner party.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Is he drinking Chardonnay out of a Martini glass? Because that is pretty damn liberal elitest.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Well, actually, Max, it must be a Chardonnay glass. Only an uneducated Republican would drink a beverage in a glass other than the appropriate glass.
Liberals know that red wine does not go in a white wine glass, wine does not belong in a martini glass, margaritas only go in margarita glasses, and God help you if you pour a stout in a pilsner glass.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Yeah, good point.

That guy must be a heroic conservitive spy. The other guy is suspicious, and decided to test him by offering to pour him a beverage in the wrong type of glass.

Will he accept...and seal his fate? Tune in next week!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

why is the lifelong lefty wearing a red tie? hmm...interestante

 

Post a Comment

<< Home