Friday, April 21, 2006

Long lost uncle Tennessee

A bunch of people in my blogging circle have been writing lately about the MyHeritage.com celebrity face recognition program. Well, I was immediately indignant. I thought, "Hey, these kids are pretending this is something new! They think they discovered this new site! I blogged about MyHeritage.com two months ago! What a punch of poseurs! Clearly I am the true pioneer, the trailblazer, the true innovator of blogdom. Clearly." And then I huffed loudly.

But then I discovered that I am, apparently, an idiot. I did indeed run the face recognition two months ago. And I did indeed think to myself, "What a hoot*! I must blog about this immediately!" But that thought was as far as it went. And so I thought I had blogged about it, but alas, I had not.

*Note: The word hoot did not actually come into my mind. I believe that the above sentence may be the first time I have ever used it.


So now I guess I will jump back on the bandwagon, since I seem to have fallen off of it months ago.


According to the high-tech software, which scanned my facial features in a manner worthy of Ethan Hunt, I look like:


55% - British radio legend John Peel:


53% - Waterworld legend Kevin Costner:


52% - Chevy Chase, the hap-hap-happiest has-been around:


49% Kurt Vonnegut, brilliant all-around man:


And continuing the literary trend,
45% - Tennessee Williams, master dramatist/effete alcoholic:


And to top it all off,
47% - George W. Bush (Write your own joke about this):


Aside from being told I look 47% like a chimpanzee, I am a bit skeptical of this program. I loaded a different picture of myself, taken on the same day from the same position, and I got completely different answers, including being told that I look 59% like Brazilian tennis legend Maria Bueno:


So it's a fun thing to pass the time, but I am not going to be writing "Dear new uncle" letters to Kevin Costner or George W. Bush any time soon.

6 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

"Waterworld Legend Kevin Costner"

lol, Good call.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Carson posited...

49% Kurt Vonnegut and 45% Tennessee Williams...

So what is that, like... "A Streetcar Name Slaughterhouse Five"?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

And his other classic, Cat's Cradle on a Hot Tin Roof.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Classic.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Check my myspace's blog for my results (feb. 22).

And, sadly, I fell asleep at 9pm thursday.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

This has spread like wild-fire. I think Kurt Hukriede deserves some recognition as the first to actually blog about it.

And dub's vonnegut/williams hybrid was better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home