Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Heart of gold

Here are a couple of movies that did not win Oscars, but based on the plot synopses, I cannot imagine why. (Note: I have not had the pleasure of seeing either of these yet. My brother sent me the link to the second film.)


Street Trash
When a liquor store owner finds a case of "Viper" in his cellar, he decides to sell it to the local hobos at one dollar a bottle, unaware of its true properties. The drinks causes its consumers to melt, very messily. Two homeless lads find themselves up against the effects of the toxic brew, as well as going head to head with "Bronson," a Vietnam vet with sociopathic tendencies, and the owner of the junkyard they live in.



Dumpster Baby
A drug addict gives birth to a premature crack baby and abandons it in a dumpster. Helpless and left for dead, the dumpster baby begins a surreal journey as it encounters a wide array of bizarre characters, including an adulterous surgeon, a vicious street pimp, a mentally handicapped garbage man and a crack-addled hooker with a heart of gold.



Addendum: Dumpster Baby, available on Netflix, elicited this response from an angry viewer:
What more could I possibly say about the movie? It is horrible! I popped the dvd in and it started off with some stupid stuff, then it just got even worse, it said it was not rated, so I figured it was safe for my 7 year old son to watch. WRONG! Their was a woman being raped, and when she was raped, they showed her full body, she then jumped off a bridge butt naked, they showed everything, they couldn't rate it because it was so horrible it shouldn't have even made it on the market I personally think! I think this should stop being sent to customers!
If this woman thought that a movie called Dumpster Baby was going to be appropriate for her 7 year old, then I don't know how to finish this sentence.

3 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Oh, they're real. The titles have links in case you want to order them!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

I really like the tagline for "Street Trash."

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

The sad thing is, I have read a book written by someone involved in the production of Street Trash. But try as I may, I cannot seem to find who wrote the book, or what it was called!

Damn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home