Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hush that fuss

And now for some more aural voyeurism from Overheard in New York:

Girl #1: Man, it sucks our TA is going to Libya.
Girl #2: Actually, she's going to Liberia.
Girl #1: Oh, what's the difference?
Girl #2: Well, Libya's in the North part, near the Middle East and Liberia's on the Western part where it starts to curve.
Girl #1: You mean near Chile?

--Cantor Film Center, East 8th Street


Crazy dude: Daffy Duck is my favorite character, but Walt Disney was an anti-Semite and I'm a Jew. I used to watch cartoons but someone stole my television.

Dude #2: Daffy Duck stole your television?
Crazy dude: No. Daffy Duck is my best friend.

--F train


Girl #1: I know it smells kind of cheap, but I like it because it's the perfume I was wearing when I lost my virginity.

Girl #2: I thought you were wearing Ralph when you lost it.
Girl #1: No, that was my other virginity.

--60th & Columbus


Girl #1: I'm funny.
Girl #2: No you're not.
Girl #1: Yes I am. Everyone says I'm hilarious.
Girl #2: Of course they do. That's because you aren't pretty.

--Virgin Megastore, Union Square


Guy #1: Someone shouldn't be naked in your apartment if you don't know his name.
Guy #2: Unless he's a refugee.

--45th & 10th


Guy #1: Who is that playing?
Guy #2: Norah Jones.
Guy #1: Isn't she the one who started something?
Guy #2: Started what?
Guy #1: Like didn't she stand up on a bus?

--Whole Foods, Union Square

4 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

"... my other viriginity." Hilarious!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Dude, I get Norah Jones and Rosa Parks mixed up all the time, too.

At least, I think the last reference was to Rosa Parks, though her deal was more of NOT getting up on a bus.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

lol, I noticed that too! Aquemini anyone?

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

This should not surprise anyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home