Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm done dreaming that we can fly

These last few weeks have been some of the busiest of my life, causing me to (once again) totally neglect my blog.

I've been working on my second-to-last grad class, which I actually like quite a bit, but it is taking a lot of time. It's an Action Research class, and we have to do a lot of, well, research. It's interesting, and I love the professor (she was the professor for our first class and also our adviser), but it takes a lot of out-of-class time. On the other hand, we have not had to go to class for the past few sessions because it is an independent study kind of thing.

And that not-going-to-class thing has been great because the rehearsals for the musical have been taking up all of my time. The show is this coming weekend, so this is production week, i.e., hell week. Directing my first musical has been very fun and rewarding, but very stressful. Footloose is a fun show with lots of great toe-tapping music, but it is far more complicated than we thought it would be. The music is surprisingly intricate, and the blocking and choreography have taken a lot of time. But the kids have been working hard, and it will be over soon.

And then I can get back to grading papers.


Meanwhile, new music:

"Contact High" by Architecture in Helsinki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home