Friday, February 18, 2011

I will slip into the groove

Today's a good day. I'm taking a personal day off of work and flying to Minnesota to see my friends up there. Since we already have a three-day weekend, I thought I'd stretch it into a four-day. (The kids don't have school today since it's a faculty work day anyway.) So I'm very excited for my little trip, though it is warm in Chicago right now and cold in Minnesota, so I seem to be flying the wrong way.

And last week Radiohead announced that their new album would be available on Saturday (tomorrow), so I was very excited about that. But then I got a little sad because I was going to be away from my computer all weekend, so I did not think I'd be able to download it until Monday when I get back. It wouldhave been nice to listen to the new album on the plane . . .

But then came the Friday morning surprise: a little tweet from Radiohead that said "It's Friday... It's almost the weekend...You can download 'The King of Limbs' now if you so wish!"

Glory day. So now I've got it on my iPhone (and the three songs I've listened to are fantastic).

And they released the first video from the new album, which features the interesting dance moves of Thom Yorke:


It's going to be a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home