Sunday, March 20, 2011

I know, I know, I know what I am chasing

Worst blogger ever.

So I've had a very busy and somewhat rough couple of weeks, and I just have not been in the blogging mood. Of course school is always busy, and rehearsals for the musical are getting pretty involved and taking up a lot of time. I have had a huge amount of grading as well--even though as a public employee and a union member, I am basically just sitting around draining the public funds.

And speaking of that . . . The economy continues to affect even the wealthiest of school districts, and once again this year I got my "pink slip"--my letter of non-reemployment. All the non-tenured teachers got them again this year. So about a week after I got my letter, I found out that I'm going to be cut even more next year. This year I was cut to 7/8 time, which is a fairly minor cut, but it knocked me off the tenure track nonetheless. Next year I will go down to 3/4 time, so I'm getting another 12.5% pay cut.

So in my 12th year of teaching, I'm low-man on the totem pole, and will be for the foreseeable future. And it fucking sucks.

But, some things are still good. The new REM album is great (I'll be reviewing it this week), I ordered an iPad 2, and tonight I'm going to a special acoustic Trashcan Sinatras show, so I can once again be up-close with one of my favorite bands ever.

Meanwhile:

"Uberlin" by REM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home