Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lighting up the path that you walk

If I had written the setlist for Monday night's Belle and Sebastian concert, I would not have changed much. A few substitutions might have been made, but most of my favorite songs were represented. And a few of these ("Judy and the Dream of Horses" and "The Boy with the Arab Strap") are not just favorite Belle and Sebastian songs, but on the list of favorite all-time songs by anyone.

As I've mentioned before, the Chicago Theatre is a beautiful place to watch a show, and the sold-out crowd was really into the mostly-oldies set. Of course the band played some stuff from their just released album Belle and Sebastian Write About Love, and those songs were already my instant favorites on the new album anyway, so I loved hearing them.

Stuart Murdoch may be the king of stage banter. He made us laugh many times, and as I mentioned the last time I saw them live, Stevie Jackson is also a sight to see with his wee dancing and his clever ways.



There's no use mentioning highlights since it was all highlights. Well okay, the number of songs from If You're Feeling Sinister (including both songs in the encore!) was a definite highlight,

The Amazing Setlist:
I Didn't See it Coming
I'm a Cuckoo 

Step into my Office, Baby 

She's Losing It 

I'm Not Living in the Real World 

Piazza, New York Catcher 

Lord Anthony 

I Want the World to Stop 

Sukie in the Graveyard 

(I Believe In) Travellin' Light 

The Stars of Track and Field 

Mayfly 

There's Too Much Love 

The Boy with the Arab Strap 

Caught in Love 

Simple Things 

Sleep the Clock Around 


Encore:
Judy and the Dream of Horses 

Me and the Major

Are you kidding me with that awesomeness? High on the list of all-time great shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home