Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh oh ohh, you're going on it

I have been looking forward to this weekend for many months. Ever since I learned that the Angels would be making their first ever trip to Wrigley Field, I knew what I needed to do. A couple of my best friends from Minnesota grew up in southern California and are huge Angels fans. They have also never been to Wrigley Field.

So those two and one of my other best friends (all former teaching colleagues) are all coming to Chicago for a visit. We will be whooping it up, enjoying a street fest tomorrow and the Cubs-Angels game on Sunday.

Fun will be had. And no, this is not us (yet):


I'll have a full report.



So, here is some new music.

"Rocket" by Goldfrapp
This song is cheesy, poppy, and awesome. I have long loved Allison Goldfrapp's voice, and this new single takes the sound to much poppier heights than the group usually does. Plus the video is all phallic and fun.


Also, "Swoon" by The Chemical Brothers.

The boys' new album will be a combination musical/visual experience, and this song makes me wish I still DJed.



3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

"another world" from that new Chem Bros makes me want to host a dance party. song is so good. all i need are strobes and a house.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

When I scrolled and saw the Wild Hogs poster, I was hoping you were going to offer an out-of-place, belated review.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Sorry to disappoint you, Erik.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home