Thursday, May 06, 2010

Manchester and Liverpool

I'm working on some more album reviews that will be on the blog in the coming days. Specifically, I'll be reviewing new albums from Broken Social Scene (their new albums always take me a while), Cornershop, and The National.

"Soul School" by Cornershop



"Forced to Love" (Live from Letterman) by Broken Social Scene

In addition, I made a very important life change that has already improved my life: I got my own parking space. This may seem like a small thing, but until you've lived in the city and you have been a slave to street parking ("I have to wait until Saturday morning to go to the store, despite my grocery needs." "I'd like to go to the movies right now, but the bus won't get me there in time." "I am so glad I got home from grad school early tonight. Now I can drive around for 30 minutes looking for parking."), you cannot understand what an important thing this is.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

I just got the BSS album, and haven't really had a chance to digest it yet. High Violet, on the other hand, is already getting a heavy rotation with me, and further cements The National as one of the best American bands right now.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger PBear posited...

High Violet is good, but I don't like it nearly as much as Boxer.

"England" might be my fav, but I need a few more listens.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

It's not as good as Boxer, agreed, but Boxer was one of the best albums of the decade. That's like complaining if the next Batman film isn't as good as The Dark Knight.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger PBear posited...

Believe me, no one is complaining, High Violet is a very good album - kinda grows on you with every listen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home