Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Half of me is the gasoline, but the other half's the surf

The Vampire Weekend concert was extremely fun. I went with a great group of my friends, and we stood near the back of the room at the Riviera, but we still had a great view of the stage.

The band played an amazingly tight, superbly crafted show. Ezra Koenig's voice and the band's playing were spot-on, and the sold-out crowd was really enthusiastic. Every song they played was great . . . but a very important song was missing from the set list. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the band would omit "Giving Up the Gun," which is not only their next single and newest video, but also the best song on the album. So I must say that such an omission was truly disappointing, but other than that, the concert was excellent.



Setlist:
White Sky
Holiday
Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
I Stand Corrected
M79
Bryn
California English
Cousins
Taxi Cab
Run
A-Punk
One (Blake's Got a New Face)
Diplomat's Son
Ladies of Cambridge
Campus
Oxford Comma

Encore:
Horchata
Mansard Roof
Walcott


Then after the show, we went to a dive bar to sing karaoke all night. I sang "Sandy" (from Grease), "What's Up?" by 4 Non-Blondes, and "Shoop." Well, "Shoop" caused a little trouble, as the words may have been blurry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home