Thursday, April 15, 2010

Need sleep.

Some things:

Two weeks from tonight is the opening night of the musical I'm assistant directing. Needless to say, these next two weeks are going to be very tiring. I remember well how draining the weeks before a production can be. Of course in Brainerd I (with much help from students) had to do everything--directing, sets, costumes, lighting. Here, however, we have a technical director and a whole separate tech crew who plan, build, and execute all backstage stuff. We also have a costume person and a choreographer. Much less stressful to only have to worry about the actors, though this is plenty stressful. I'd also forgotten how much I have to put things like grading on hold at this point in a production. All of this said, I love this work I'm doing, and I am excited about the show.

98% of Americans got tax cuts this year, but a majority of Americans think their taxes have gone up. In case we needed actual evidence that the Teabaggers have no grip on reality.

I'm going to my first Cubs game of the year on Saturday. Though the Cubs have improved a bit since their miserable opening few days, I'm hoping a weekend with the Astros (1-8!) will improve our record.

I would love to go see Kick-Ass this weekend, but I am not sure I'll have time. We'll see.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and could not get back to sleep. So I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home