Sunday, May 02, 2010

Do You Hear The People Sing?

Success!

Well, the musical is over. As I have said, I have never worked on a musical before, and Les Misérables is an intense and huge production. The show is entirely music, like an opera, and the sets are epic. In addition, the story, though beautiful and heartbreaking, is very complex as well. Les Mis is an epic show.

But the students amazed me. The songs in this show are some of the most challenging and well-known songs in all of musical theatre, and our kids rose to the enormous task. They were professionals, and I was quite truly in awe of the talent I got to work with.

I hope that I can work on the musical again next year. All of the other staff members involved, especially the director, made the last three months great, but really, it's all about the kids. I feel lucky to work with these students, like I did when I got to direct the plays in Brainerd. I feel closer to my job than ever before, and it is great feeling.

But I am also glad the play is over. These three months have involved a lot of hours, and I am glad to have some time back.

To celebrate, I went to see the Cubs today, and they stomped the Diamondbacks. It was a fantastic game with lots of hits and homers. It was a great way to spend my first day of free time in a while.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I had Tom Gorzelanny and Marlon Byrd going for me today in the WTITYB fantasy league. They were big helps.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Marlon Byrd has been on fire lately. And Gorzelanny even got a hit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home