Thursday, December 31, 2009

So this is the New Year . . .

I'm putting the final touches on my Best Films of 2009 list, which is way earlier than I usually get it done. But I am still tweaking a few things on the list. In addition, in the days to come I will have my Albums of the Year list, and maybe, just maybe, if I can figure it out, my Best Films of the Decade list.

Today, however, I have not been able to compile any lists at all because I have been working hard cooking and cleaning, getting ready for my New Year's Eve party! Every year since I moved away from Minnesota, I have gone back up north for New Year's Eve, but this year I decided that I should throw my own party here in Chicago. And I think it is going to be one for the ages . . .

The menu:
  • Artichoke & spinach puff pastries
  • Stuffed mushrooms
  • Hummus w/ pita and veggies (my world renowned hummus, of course)
  • Bruschetta
  • Sweet & Spicy Mixed Nuts
  • Chocolate-covered potato chips (You have no idea how good these are . . . )
  • Champagne-Vodka-Pomegranate Punch
  • Goose Island Mild Winter Ale (and other beers that guests might bring)
  • Wine (including some mulled wine) and mixed drinks, as requested
  • Champagne toast at midnight
And of course, a kick-ass playlist by DJ Wang.

The sign on my computer, made with love:


I hope everyone has a great night! Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

I never got around to making a end of the decade movie list, but if I had, "Pan's Labyrinth" would've held down the number-one spot.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger matt posited...

"Pan's Labyrinth" was a pretty sweet movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home