Sunday, December 27, 2009

A very British Christmas

Since my family did Christmas early this year, I was not sure what was going to happen on Christmas Day. I've only been away from family on one previous Christmas in my life, and that was when I was traveling around Europe and spent Christmas in Rome. This year I woke up on Christmas morning and I must be honest: I felt a little lonely. But I had already had Christmas celebrations, so it was not too bad.

I got an invitation to spend the day with my friends Brad and Samantha, so I went over to their place around 1:00 PM. Sam is from Wales, and her parents were in town for Christmas, and I had a blast hanging out with them all day. We had some delicious food, Sam's dad kept the whiskey flowing all day (and I don't like whiskey, but I was feeling festive), and everyone had a wonderful time. We even did the British tradition of Christmas crackers and paper hats.

So though I was sad to not be with my family on Christmas Day, I had a fantastic time with great friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home