Monday, June 22, 2009

"No, it's frowned upon."

Despite warnings from my father, I went to see The Hangover yesterday. And--sorry, Dad--I thought it was hilarious. Of course it was crude and over-the-top, but it was just very funny. I thought the whole cast was spot-on, especially Ed Helms and Zack Galifianakis, whose strange concoction of a character stole a lot of scenes. But I thought that Bradley Cooper, as the sort-of leader of the group, also did a very good job.

But what I really loved was the way the story unfolded. I liked that the movie started at the end and then flashed back to all that had transpired. I liked the sort of mystery involved in finding out how, for example, a tiger and a baby ended up in the hotel room. (Though we never found out about that chicken.)

The Hangover had a lot of very funny lines, insane scenes (like a strange naked Asian man--"That guy was mean."), and twisted events. And I had a great time watching it.

And those closing credits . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home