Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hot town, summer in the city . . .

My summer break is almost a week old, and the weather has been less than stellar. Nonetheless, I have done some stuff in one week:
  • Went to the Phoenix concert
  • Attended an excellent neighborhood street fest (Andersonville's Midsommar Fest), which was extremely fun, mostly because I was hanging out with good friends and drinking good beer. Also because we listened to an 80s cover band as well as a hair-metal cover band.
  • Found a new apartment. I have decided to move to a different neighborhood when my lease is up at the end of July, and I found a very nice place. More on this later.
  • Started a professional development course offered by my school--a book club for teachers.
Here are some other things that I am definitely going to be doing this summer:
  • Visiting my brother's family in Indy
  • Attending many more street fests, including the Pride Parade, Taste of Chicago, Wicker Park Fest, Northalsted Market Days, and others
  • Going to Lollapalooza
  • Checking out the brand new Modern Wing of the Art Institute
  • Driving up to Minnesota to visit friends
  • Going to some Cubs games

. . . back of my neck getting dirty and gritty.

PS. Phoenix on Letterman tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home