Thursday, June 04, 2009

"I know what you mean, Duke."

OK, the last 3rd grade story . . .

I now present "The Deserted Island." My love of exclamation marks just continued to grow. You should also know that Duke Scott really was my best friend when I was in third grade--he's a real person, though I may have exaggerated his marksman skills.

My knack for dialogue is very advanced, you must admit.

Click for larger images.

Now, before you read on, I will warn you that there is a bit of a leap towards the end. Apparently I thought it was more suspenseful to have Duke not answer the question, "What's the matter?"


Damn, a misspelling: Flys? Come on, John.

Anyway, you know that snake bit was pretty sweet, so I captured it in artistic form. Please note the dotted line indicating the trajectory of the rock. And once again, notice my awesome outfit.


I'll return to regular posts soon.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Alan posited...

There's some room for a Freudian interpretation of this story, I think.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Alan, get your snake- and banana-loving mind out of the Freud.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

"I know what you mean, Duke."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home