Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tragedy

I have not been able to post for a while because my cable and internet went out on Thursday and stayed out until the Comcast guy came today to fix it. It turns out someone cut the wire in the alley--we think they guy who lives in the top-floor apartment cut my cable and spliced his own to steal my service. I have placed a pipebomb disguised as a basket of muffins on his stoop.

But I know now, as we had any doubt, that I am addicted to television and the internet, because these last few days have been awful. I mean, I can go a few days without TV, since I have movies and such, but not having the internet has been awful. I mean, how can I make it through the day if I do not check Facebook every hour? And following a Cubs game on my phone?

And to highlight how ingrained my use of the internet has become, when I discovered that my cable went out and that some TV shows I had scheduled to DVR did not record, I thought, "No big deal--I'll just watch them on Hulu." Then I realized I could not use Hulu! It's like when there is a power outage, and I still keep flipping the light switch.

Worst of all, the cable was cut halfway through the season finale of 30 Rock, so I had to wait until this afternoon to see the "Kidney Song." Well worth the wait, however.

In other news, I got my first ever jury summons, but I was only a standby juror. I was scheduled to go to jury duty tomorrow, but I found out today that they don't need me. I want to serve jury duty someday, but this time of the school year is hard to miss, so I'm glad I don't have to go.

The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home