Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast."

It's very sad when what I look forward to all day is a TV show.  And then it's even sadder when the show is not on.  All excitement was for naught.  



Today in my freshman honors class, we were discussing Romeo and Juliet and the role each major character plays in the events of the tragedy.  When we began discussing Friar Lawrence, one of my students said the following:
"I think that Friar Lawrence is like George W. Bush.  He may have had good intentions when he started, but then he stopped paying attention, he missed all the warnings, and in the end, everyone got screwed."

Top drawer, young man.


2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

That is exactly how I felt when I found out lost wasn't on last night.
wtf.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger scott w posited...

A for the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home