Sunday, March 01, 2009

The trawlers haul us home, dear.

It is time for another round of iPod Magnetic Poetry.

Refugee, rain, one hand come down between us,
Say a prayer to the man above,
And oxidation is the compromise you own.

And she smiled as she passed me by--
Yes, I know the ways and means I are, Ma,
I've been dropping beats since Back in Black.

I was happy, now I'm walking on the water
(I love you, I love you, I love you)
Some days are better than others--

I would go out tonight
Oh, boo, what can I do?
Love other people? But I don't know their names.

But all the news reports recommended that I stay indoors--
I laughed as I said it

"JAL to Tokyo" by Underworld
"If You Find Yourself Caught in Love" by Belle and Sebastian
"DLZ" by TV on the Radio
"Star of the County Down" by The Pogues
"Ways + Means" by Mike Doughty
"Kids" by Robbie Williams
"Found" by The Beloved
"Michelle" by The Beatles
"Some Days are Better than Others" by U2
"This Charming Man" by The Smiths
"Hit the Heartbrakes" by Black Kids
"No Fit State" by Hot Chip
"We Will Become Silhouettes" by The Postal Service
"Reunion" by The Indigo Girls



Yes, no, maybe is all I need to hear from you.
To hide a sadder tale,
I want to die (come see paradise).
We open up unfinished parts--
Do you want to go to the seaside?
(You were there.)
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?

. . . take what you know,
I don't get where you're coming from.

All the leaves
I will sing, sing a new song.
The trawlers haul us home, dear.
Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love,
For only the loss of you

"Out There on the Ice" by Cut Copy
"Circling the Circumference" by Trashcan Sinatras
"Reverence" by The Jesus and Mary Chain
"Closer" by Travis
"Seaside" by The Kooks
"Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS
"Oddfellows Local 151" by R.E.M.
"Take the Time Around" by The Boo Radleys
"Temperamental" by Everything But the Girl
"Gang Bang Suicide" by Kevin Drew/Broken Social Scene
"40" by U2
"The Sleeping Policeman" by Trashcan Sinatras
"Lilac Wine" by Jeff Buckley
"In This Heart" by Sinead O'Connor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home