Monday, February 09, 2009

My Birthday

Well, my Bromine Year has come and gone, and now begins my Krypton Year.  And that just sounds cool.  It may be the coolest sounding year of them all, so I can look forward to all that goes along with being a Noble--nay, the Noblest--gas.

And speaking of destroying Superman, I am not very happy about being closer to 40 than I am to 30.  In fact, I do not like it one bit.

Here is an interesting fact about my new age: The sum of the integers from 1 to 36 is 666.  So adding up all of my years so far, we come up with the Mark of the Beast.  I do not really feel that the sum of my life is all that satanic, but you cannot argue with science.

In many advertising and television demographics groupings, I have entered a new cluster.  I am no longer in the hip and coveted 18-35 demographic, but am instead in the 36-50 (or even 36-54).  So starting today I am making some changes:
  • I will be clearing out my iPod and loading up all the Josh Groban I can fit on there.  
  • And also apparently with Robert Plant and Allison Krauss.
  • I see that Chicago is hosting upcoming concerts by Il Divo, Lyle Lovett, and Jimmy Buffett.  My social calendar is now full!
  • No longer will I be watching Lost and 30 Rock, but instead will busy myself with NCIS.


6 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

"...loading up all the Josh Groban I can fit on there."

lol

Happy birthday!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Haha, I had copied that exact quote to paste. That was a good one. And don't forget The Unit.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I don't know you, but enjoy your blog regularly. It's weird, I know. Happy Birthday anyway.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

I know they've been saying that 30 is the new 20 and things like that for a while now, but I mean, modern medicine is perpetually progressing at exponential rates. So I'm pretty confident in asserting that 36 is the new 11 and a half. Happy Birthday.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Carren, tanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing that I have readers!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Stop being sick so we can drink until we puke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home